Tuesday 6 December 2011

Can't See Can Tee?


Hit the driving range this morning, bored the daylight out of me and got distracted by this golfer in front. 


He was consistently hitting the sweetest sweet spot annoying everybody and I soon came to realise - he's blind!

Yes.  Blind as in visually impaired and can't see.

I am blind too, I mean, 1) I can't see the words on his t-shirt until much later.  2) I kept miss hitting the ball.  I MUST be blind!


He has this coach next to him who, prior to his every stroke, assisted in describing distance, direction and helped with club head alignment behind the ball.  From this point, the man was pretty much on his own.


This person in front couldn't see, yet he was hitting perfect shots. 

The person behind him can see, yet hers was all over the place. 

A valuable lesson learnt today - golf IS for anyone who wishes to play.  

When there's a will, there's a way.   

No comments: