Saturday 7 April 2012

Everyone's Internal Pharmacy


I woke up yesterday feeling really lousy, so I decided to just sit around in my bathrobe, didn’t brush, didn't shower, watched TV a little, and by mid-morning I felt much worse with pain here and there, totally lacking energy, so I virtually slept through the whole day. 

Today, I got up feeling under the weather again but decided I should find something more constructive to do while staying home. Off I went, groomed and changed, hooked up with my long lost computer to do some rusty blogging and by mid-morning I felt much better!

Why was this?

 
I think I have just discovered a perfect panacea of how attitude can affect us physically.

Once, everyone thought the reason you felt better was purely mental, but now I know that it’s also biochemical.

By engaging in behaviours of being well - showering, getting dressed and going out - I actually changed my body chemistry, which then brought myself to feeling a bit better.

It’s a combination of the power of the mind AND our internal pharmacy department that can make a stark difference to the well-being of our bodies.

I am so glad I have figured that one out nice and early and hoping to share my 2 cents here with you too.


No comments: