Friday 24 August 2007

What Religion Are You?


I haven't yet identified myself with any particular belief system, whether it is philosophy or religion. So far in life, I strive to install and understand lots of different beliefs. What I ended up, is the fact that I’m neither a sincere Christian nor a spiritual Buddhist, but I am not an agnostic too either!

At this point, to me - a spiritual belief is - simply a perspective with which I can choose to view reality. To turn any particular belief into my identity, could it mean, fixing my perspective and thereby - cripple my freedom of thought?


What would you say if your computer decided that it was a word processor and only a word processor and can't handle spreadsheets? The machine would be fulfilling only a fraction of its potential. Can you really be only one or the other? Why not both?


Just as our computers wouldn’t represent themselves as the software it runs, I just can't identify myself as the beliefs I hold in my consciousness. Well not yet, but who knows.

No comments: